Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Up, Up and Away

So, readers, tonight I have had the pleasure of going to go see Up in the theaters, accompanied by my mother (yes, it is still cool to go to the movies with your mother. Suck it up). The movie, I must say, was adorable and incredibly sad (in a sweet way, luckily), and I found myself fighting back tears at some points.

Unfortunately I wasn't just fighting back tears for the movie's plot line, but also something I'm beginning to see as an injustice of sorts. May I ask, why on earth do we have to four dollars extra to see a movie in 3D... that is not even incorporating much of said 3D anyway? Honestly, I think I'd rather pay the price of a normal ticket, forgo the crappy 3D glasses (that you have to give back anyway) and let my eyes bleed at the few parts that did have "3D".

And even then, 3D is, in all honesty, not that amazing. They say "Wow, it pops out at you!". Perhaps I'm just being overly critical but in my honest opinion, things don't actually pop out at you all that much, if at all.

When I actually have the sensation of reaching out and touching things that look just oh so close through those magic glasses, perhaps I will find it worthwhile to pay such high prices (though I doubt it).

This is somewhat more of a rant than a good blog, I must admit, but I felt that I needed to get it out there.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, sounds like the 3D isn't that cool anyway :< I wonder if Toy Story 3 will use it. But gotta say I'm not sure I'll like Up, it really does look so sad...

    ReplyDelete